Monday, June 6, 2016

Everyone here loves Sun Drop

Well I don't have much time. Nothing too exciting happened this week. We have just been trying to meet the part member families and trying to have lessons with them. We do have a few other investigators who we need to set baptismal dates with. There is this 16 year old girl who is so awesome and so spiritually mature for her age, she is so ready for baptism, but her parents won't let her be baptized till she is 18. There is another Man, who is a total family guy and he is ready for baptism too, but he doesn't want to do it without his family, which is great, except for his wife is anti. We asked him to be baptized on July 9th and he said that he would be baptized on July 9th 2017, so at least he is willing, but hopefully it will be sooner that that. We also had a media referral who we have a lesson with today, he seems really prepared so we are excited about him, apparently he used to live with a Mormon family in Arizona, so that is how he got interested. We are also teaching this Mother and her son and they are pretty interesting, I love the Mom so much she just needs to get baptized, but they both have a really hard time reading and so they don't have a testimony of the Book of Mormon because they can't read it. I never thought I would come across that problem on my mission, but oh well. 
A lot of the members here are really great, they are so sweet and nice to us. There are quite a few members who give us the cold shoulder, I think that is because in the past they used to send all of the disobedient missionaries here, so we will have to figure out a way to gain their trust. We have a 9 year old recent convert who is so adorable and full of energy, I love her so much, she is always wanting to play crazy games with us. There is another recent convert who is preparing to go to the temple in August, so I am really excited about that since I will hopefully get to go with her, I will get to go to the temple after a 10 month dry spell, I miss it so much. Not much else has happened. I got some mosquito bites since they are everywhere, I haven't hit a deer yet so that is a plus and I saw a bald eagle. 
I love fast and testimony meeting, I don't know how everyone else's Sacrament meeting was, but ours here in Shawano was great. The spirit was really strong and I bore my testimony and just shared the love of Jesus Christ, most of us probably know Alma 7:11-12 but Sister Jenson was reading it this morning and she said that it just clicked that he willing suffered and died for us so that he would know exactly how we feel, so I just thought I would share that with all of you. Also families are forever and what a blessing that is!! 
Love,
Sister Koyle

There are Amish people here!!! and a lot of rain. Everyone here keeps saying that they need the rain, but I'm like it is SOOO green, I don't think you need any more rain.

​These are the Williams girls, aren't they adorable? We played an awesome game of Jenga before we ate dinner.

​I think this is the ugliest, biggest, turtle I have ever seen in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment