Happy Monday everyone!
So on Wednesday a missionary named Sister Butler is going to be coming to Sheboygan to be my new companion, I know nothing about her, but I hope and pray that she is awesome. Sister Carlini is being transferred to Appleton, and she is going to be serving with . . . . Sister Roskelley, my MTC companion! Except she is not excited about it . . . at all, which makes me sad because I am a tiny bit jealous of her because I love Sister Roskelley. But I am excited/nervous for my next adventures with Sister Butler.
This week was pretty cool, I feel like we have met some really cool people that have a lot of potential, so I am excited about all of them to see how they accept the message of the gospel. Tristan is doing so good, she is still set for the 23rd and we even announced it in church, so it is totes official, and so exciting. But a little stressful because we have a lot to do before then, like teaching lessons and baptismal interview and inviting people and all that jazz. Also Sister Carlini gave a talk in church on Sunday and so Holly and Bennett came to church to hear her talk so that was super sweet. I just hope that I can still keep up all of these good relationships with people here even though Sister Carlini will be gone.
This week we had at least two people ask us if it was possible that the Book of Mormon was true, but that Joseph Smith was not a prophet and of course we told them no. But it is so crazy to me that so many people have such a big problem with Joseph Smith. I was praying and basically saying why did Joseph have to practice polygamy, because I feel like a lot of people would accept the gospel if it weren't for that. And I got the answer that even if he hadn't practiced polygamy that people would still find fault with him, and they would reject him for some other reason. Jesus Christ was perfect and people still found what they thought was fault with him and people still killed him. So that kinda put me in my place and definitely broadened my understanding. But I know that Joseph was a virtuous man and that he was called as a prophet of God.
We were listening to a cool talk this week and it said that our mortal genealogy is so long and it goes on forever clear back to Adam, but our spirit's genealogy is one direct line, we are children of our Heavenly Father. I thought that was really cool and I had never looked at it like that before. Also the Worldwide Devotional for Young Adults is SOOO good, ya'll need to listen to it. Here is the link to it, I challenge you all to do the challenge left with us from Sister Nelson. I hope everyone has a great week.
Love,
Sister Koyle
Just taking an evening stroll out on the lake.
We almost made it all the way across and then we chickened out.
The District on Little Elkhart Lake
Last time getting Menchies with Sister Carlini, it's her favorite.
And this happened.
No comments:
Post a Comment