But other than the weather, Amy, one of our recent converts, said something very profound this week, we asked her about the prophet and she said that she feels like the prophet speaks directly to her and that the prophet is someone who takes her hand and walks her over the bridge to get her to Heavenly Father. I thought that was the coolest analogy.
We met with this less active and his girl friend this week, his name is Adam and her name is Ari and she told us that her goal for this year is to get baptized, I thought that was the coolest thing. I asked her why and she said because Adam's Mom has such a powerful testimony and that she has such a spirit about her and she is so happy all the time and she wants that. So that was awesome, it goes to show that we really can make a difference if we share our testimony with others. She wants to come to church, but she straight up told us that she is just too lazy, and she has insomnia. But she is going to try to change her sleep schedule and come to church next week. But I love her already and I am really excited about her.
Also Holly loved church last week and this week Bennett told us that they aren't going to go to their church forever and that when they quit going to their church they are going to come to our church. Idk how soon they are talking about, but that sure was surprising and exciting. I was like did you just say what I think you said? So that was crazy especially since he has gone to that same church his whole life. Also they said that they are going to take a trip out west in Summer of 2017 and that they are going to come and visit me, so that is pretty exciting. And Bennett is now in Alma 5 in the Book of Mormon, and he is praying to know if it is true, I have definitely seen his heart be softened since I have been here it is the coolest thing and I know it is because he is reading the Book of Mormon, that book works miracles. Idk when, but they are totes getting baptized someday.
I hope you all have a great week and a Happy New Year!! Set goals, not resolutions!! If you don't set goals then you can't reach your greatest potential.
Love,
Sister Koyle
p.s. I know this is crazy especially being in Wisconsin but I actually didn't see any drunks on new years or new years eve, but then again I'm not that great at identifying them.
Well it snowed, and it looked gorgeous for a couple of days
Since nobody in Wisconsin knows what a snow cone is we made our own, it is just fresh Wisconsin snow mixed with crystal lite.
Silly picture from our last district meeting of the transfer . . . weird
So the Polar Plunge is a thing here, this is the beach on new years day. It is Sheboygan tradition to jump in the lake on new years day, they said it was nice this year because they didn't have to cut any ice in order to get in, people here are CRAZY. Also, it is really weird to see a beach covered in snow.
No comments:
Post a Comment