Monday, May 9, 2016

Shirley was Baptized

Hello everyone! I hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day. This week has been pretty awesome. Shirley was baptized on Saturday and her husband even came to watch it. He is such a nice old man, and he gave me a hug which was super weird, my first hug from a man in like 7 months, but I couldn't tell him no because he is just so frail. But anywho Elder Phillips baptized Shirley, and she went all the way under the water on the first try, so that was great. And she insisted that I give the talk on baptism, so I did, and I just think that it is so cool that we are able to partake of the sacrament each week and renew those covenants that we made at baptism, because obviously we are all human and we all mess up. The power of the atonement and repentance is real. But Shirley looked very happy, I was very excited for her, and we had some treats afterward which was nice. Also after her baptism we had two super solid lessons, there are a lot of good things happening in Sheboygan.
Also this week we had an awesome miracle when we had dinner with a member family who also invited their friend to dinner. And their friend has been through a lot of crazy things in life but she has definitely been prepared for the gospel. She has a lot of questions and is very open, and so I am very excited to teach her, we set up an appointment with her this week so that should be great. She came to church this week and she also wants to get her baby boy blessed, so they are going to do that next week.
We have a lot of great people who we are teaching, there are soo many less actives here so we are trying to get to know some of them better. There is this one part member famliy, she is a member and he is not and we are going to have a family home evening with them today so we are pretty excited about that. 
We met this really nice man this week who is a war vet and he has a lot of yard work to do, he is friends with some of the members. He also told me and Sister Naughton that we made him wish that he was 20 again, so I'm not quite sure what that means, but I just took it as a compliment. But us and the spanish elders were able to help him out this week with some of the yard work, it was really fun to wear pants, pick up a shovel, and get a little dirty. 
Also Mothers Day was great, of course I was able to talk to my family and say hi to all of them, which was awesome. It has been a really wonderful week. 
Love,
Sister Koyle
Shirley's baptism :) 

Sister Naughton 

One of the members tried to shave their cat, but it woke up half way through . . . Sorry cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment