Wednesday, July 6, 2016

So grateful for Religious Freedom and that I am serving in the states.

This week has flown by, so I guess that means that it has been a good week. It is weird to have P-day on Tuesday. I can't really remember what we did this past week. It was the end of the month so we were walking a lot. Friday we drove to Madison for three hours had a 2 hour meeting with President Williams and his wife and then ate dinner and drove home, so that took up the whole day. It was good to meet him though, he seems like a nice guy and like he will be good for our mission. Over the pulpit he said "do you think I'm nervous? ABSOLUTELY!! (with his hands in the air) But whom the Lord calls he qualifies." I took a lot of good notes from him, but I don't have them with me now. I remember that he said that a mission is a defining moment in life. That the decisions that I make here will affect the life that I will have after my mission. I thought that was really cool, and it really struck me. I need to "choose the harder right" as President Monson says. It is really cool because mission presidents spend like four days with the 12 apostles before they come out, so he was basically a spiritual power house because of that. He said that he and his wife really want to get out with the missionaries and actually do missionary work which is really cool. 
On Saturday Gresham had all of their festivities, so we street contacted before and after the parade (the only day of the year that you can street contact in Gresham) It was so nice to actually be able to have people to talk to about the gospel. We got to watch the fire works out of our bedroom window that night. Yesterday Bonduel had all of their festivities so we went to the Bonduel parade and the after party at the park and we contacted people. Again so nice to actually have people to talk to. We found a few kind of promising people. It is hard because almost everyone knows about the church already from unreliable sources. But that is why we are here, to try and straighten out some of those misconceptions, and to show people that we are nice people.
We had a super solid lesson with the 19 year old guy in Gresham. He is still praying about baptism on August 6th. We read 2 Nephi 31 with him and we related the gospel of Jesus Christ to golf, since he is a golfer and in verse 9 of that chapter it talks about the straitness of the path, and there is a Golf course that he goes to called The Whistling Straights. We have to have the faith to swing. Strait spelled that way means a narrow strip of land, so we have to follow that narrow strip of land until we make it to the hole, AKA endure to the end until we make it to the celestial kingdom. So it has been a good week. I know God answers prayers, the answer isn't always what we want to hear, but he does answer. I hope you all have a great week! 
Love,
Sister Koyle

P.S. 1 Nephi 13 17-19 totally talks about our independence from Britain, the Book of Mormon is amazing. What can I say more?
 We went fishing last Monday with a part member family and I caught this tiny Blue Gill, it is the first fish that I have ever caught with a fishing pole . . . but it was tiny so we had to throw it back. I also caught a tiny perch . . . that we also threw back.

But the people that we went fishing with gave us all of their fish, so we brought them home to grandma and she taught us her ways of butchering fish or whatever you call it. So I got to skin this bass. It was super fun, I would probably do it again.

Friday we drove three hours to Madison, to meet our new mission president. So we decided to stop by the capitol for a bit, because why not? I like Madison, it is a nice city, I wouldn't mind serving there in the future, just sayin.

AAAAND Happy Fourth of July!! Once again, my favorite holiday, good thing I am still in the states or else I might go insane.

No comments:

Post a Comment