Well honestly nothing too exciting happened this week. We had interviews with President Williams on Friday so we got to drive to Wausau for that. It was nice to actually sit down with him to get to know him better. And the interview was great, I didn't feel rushed at all, so that was nice and much different from President Cutler.
I also burned a skirt for my nine months mark. It was so funny when we went to burn it, Grandma Rekow told us to be careful because she didn't want us to start a huge fire because it is so dry outside. The funny thing is that it had rained that morning and it is NEVER too dry in Wisconsin. We have an Elder serving here from New Mexico and he said "In New Mexico we pray for rain. Here, they need to stop praying" I was laughing so hard, because it is so true. They don't even water their fields here, or their gardens, how nice would that be? I haven't seen any wheel lines or pivots since I have been here, but there are fields of corn 6 feet high everywhere you go.
Sometimes we get to see this super sweet 93 year old lady. She was inactive for 60 years, but she has started to come back to church now. And she is the classiest lady I have ever met. Basically think of Audrey Hepburn when she is 93 and that is this lady. She always talks about her days of playing the violin and waltzing. She is always giving us tips on how to look young and what products to use, she is hilarious. This week she said in a very serious voice "girls, I have to ask you something, what does hashtag mean?" It wasn't that easy to explain it to a 93 year old. But I think she got the idea.
All of the people that we are teaching are doing well and are progressing, so that is great. We are just trying to find new people to teach now, so that we still have people to teach after these people are baptized. We have a recent convert working toward the temple so that is exciting. Hopefully I will be able to go with her. This nine month drought of temple attendance is going to kill me. We figured out another thing that CTR stands for, Current Temple Recommend. Even if the temple is too far away for you to go often, it is still important to have a recommend, and to be worthy to enter. I love the temple to much and I am so grateful for the peace that is there, and I am so grateful for the priesthood power to bind families together forever. I hope you all have a wonderful week!
Love, Sister Koyle
Here's to nine months! #halfway #Doesn'tFeelLikeIt
Don't worry Mom this was my companion's old skirt that had holes in it
I had my very first kids meal this week, so that was kinda fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment