Monday, October 3, 2016

Heavenly Father doesn't want weekend visits, he wants full custody!

We were trying to contact less actives for the relief society president and we knocked on this one house and the person we were contacting had moved, but we explained that we were from The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and the lady that answered said "Do you baptize?" and in my mind I was just thinking well heck yes we baptize!! In fact that is my whole purpose in leaving my friends and family for 18 months is to try to baptize people!, how did you know? turns out she actually wants her 9 month old daughter to be baptized, we didn't tell her that we don't baptize babies yet, but we set up an appointment with her, taught her the first vision, and gave her a book of Mormon. She said "I guess I should learn about the religion that my daughter is going to be baptized into" we plan on sharing Moroni 8:10 with her :) we will see how it goes! 
Also we are teaching this awesome couple, sorry I can't remember who I tell you about, but Sister van Overbeek invited them to baptism this week and the husband was like yes I totally want to be baptized before the year is over, and the wife was like do you really think that I can be baptized? And when we told her yes she started crying. They set their date for Christmas, which is like 3 months away, that is a long time for missionaries, so we will see what happens. 
Conference was great! I really enjoyed Elder Oaks talk about missionary work. And fun fact, Elder Uceda (who spoke about prayer) is the Father of the bishop in the Sheboygan ward, so that was pretty cool. One of my favorite quotes was probably from K. Brett Nattress when he said something to the effect of, I am unaware of anyone who reads the Book of Mormon everyday that has fallen away from the church. I thought that was a very good point and it really shows the importance of reading the Book of Mormon each day, it is something that each one of us needs, it brings the spirit into our lives, and it brings peace to our hearts. I wish you all a wonderful week of missionary work! 
Love,
Sister Koyle
Look at this cool hammock swing!! For a second I felt like I was in Logan canyon again. 

 Going to do service #lookingood

This is what we call an Amish Pie and they are bomb.

No comments:

Post a Comment