Monday, October 10, 2016

Wheat and the Tares

Hello everyone!! I hope you are all having a happy Columbus day. (1 Nephi 13:12) It is Columbus day right? Well anyways, this week was pretty normal. We tracted and we did some service for a few people we saw some less actives and had dinner with some members and saw some recent converts. When we tract here, almost every door is the same. They all say "I have my own religion", so it is pretty hard to get past that, if anyone has any ideas of smart comments to say back please let me know :) Although yesterday we had a different one, they just opened their window and said "thanks" and then closed it. I was like, so. . . . you don't want to talk to us? Also we knocked on a door and saw a car drive by and stare at us and then we went to the next house since the first house didn't answer and when we were knocking on the second house that same car that drove by us pulled into the drive way of the first house, I was like are you kidding me? Another time we were in a nicer part of town and we offered this lady a card, jut a simple card and we told her that it had a great website on it and she gives it back and says oh I don't have a computer, I was like okay first off pretty sure everyone in this neighborhood has some way of using the internet, second please just take the card so that this isn't awkward. It is amazing to me the things that people do to not talk to us, we are trying to bring you salvation!! Now I know how all of those teenage boys feel when they ask a girl out on a date and the girl says no, except the only kind of dates that we want are baptism dates. We just keep trying it's pretty much all we can do. We are trying to have the attitude of, if these people don't accept the gospel it isn't going to be because we didn't try to share it with them.
We drove to Wausau on Wednesday and had district meeting and also interviews with President. President Williams is really awesome, it's like he is a normal person or something, so that was nice. I really like the parable of the wheat and the tares in D&C 86 how it talks about then growing together. Sometimes I wonder why there are so many different churches, and why some people are so against us, and then I realize that there is opposition in all things and that my testimony has grown a lot on my mission because of the opposition I have faced from other people. Everything happens for a reason right? I hope you all have a blessed week! 
Love,
Sister Koyle
 Grandma's Grandson got this 12 point buck so that was pretty cool to see it hanging up in the garage.

The corn is gone and they put a ton on sewage/cow manure on the field and lets just say smelling the Wisconsin dairy air is priceless.

​Maybe not forever . . . but 5 or 6 months is good. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment