Monday, November 23, 2015

I Have A Lot Of Thanks To Give!

Hello everyone!! 
Happy Thanksgiving, I get to go to like three or four Thanksgiving dinners on Thursday so that should be fun. But anyways this week was seriously the best week ever. So many great things happened. We had a lesson with a member referral at the members house, so that was amazing and we are going to see her again on Thursday actually, so we are excited about that because when investigators have friends who are members it makes all the difference in the world. Her name is Sharrea and she is a friend of the Pollock family who I LOVE dearly. Brother Pollock was just baptized last year, but they have actually been inactive recently, but they just started coming back to church, and now they had this great missionary opportunity. Also on Friday we had a mission tour in Green bay (yes Mom I drove) and Brother and Sister Schweitzer (sp?) of the seventy came to our mission and talked to us and it was so great, the most important message that I learned from them was that I need to teach conversion not theology. We can teach what our church believes all we want, but if they don't find out for themselves that it is true than it doesn't matter. That pretty much took up all of Friday, but before we left Green bay my district and I decided that we had to go to Lambeau Field where the Packers play, so we got some pictures there. On Saturday we had Stake Conference in Nina and we had a member drive us there so that was nice. Stake Conference was so good, all of the missionaries in the Stake sang, which is a lot of missionaries, we made up a good sized choir. We sang As I have Loved you in Hmong, Spanish, and English it was pretty cool. On Sunday we actually went to Bennett's church at 8 for kicks and giggles. He did a sermon for everyone, which doesn't usually happen, so he invited us. It was actually really good he read from Habakkuk in the bible and he talked about how happiness and joy are different. We aren't going to be happy all of the time or else we would be robots. But we can feel joy all of the time. Joy is much greater than happiness, we are able to feel joy even during our trials. Joy is basically having the faith and the knowledge that everything will be okay and that God is with us at all times and will not forsake us. After Bennett's church was ran into a guy there that we had met before named Jay, and he invited us over for dinner, so that was awesome. Then we had our church and after church we visited some people. Tristan didn't come to church again, so we stopped by her house and she wasn't home, but her two boys were and the little boy is 7 and so cute, as we were leaving he yelled out the door "I LOVE YOU GUYS" haha it made me so happy. We had dinner with the bishop and some of his friends who are not members, and we had a really good dinner and a really good lesson with them, the spirit was strong so that was good. Then we had another dinner with Jay and Bennett and their families and Jay and his wife and kids are SOO nice and hospitable as soon as we walked in the girl took our bags and coats and the son asked what we wanted to drink. They have such strong values it is awesome to see people of other faiths that still see the importance of having strong families, we just need to figure out a way to help them understand that there is so much more. So it has been a wonderful week! I just wanted to thank everyone who emails me, and I am sorry if I don't email you back, I really do appreciate all of the support and emails and words of wisdom that I have received from you all. Have a great week! and a Happy Thanksgiving!
Love,
Sister Koyle
​They have pretty sunsets here too.
​My attempt at a snow angel.
This is basically the celestial kingdom of bathrooms, at the Kohler Design center. Kohler is a big deal here, like half of the people in Sheboygan work at Kohler, there are actually a bunch of their workers on strike right now, so that is fun.
 Super blurry picture of me at Lambeau field!
 ​I might as well be a cheese head.

No comments:

Post a Comment