Monday, November 2, 2015

Happy Halloween and time change

Hello Everyone! 

This week has been great, I am starting to get the hang of things a little bit more. Of course Monday is Pday, and every Tuesday we have district meetings, every Wednesday we volunteer at Bethesda, it is kind of like a goodwill or DI, we just put clothes on the racks, it is pretty fun. on Thursdays we do our weekly planning, Friday we volunteer at Above and Beyond, which is a children's museum, it is so much fun, and the rest of the time we study and sleep and teach and tract. It is so cool to see how the Lord leads us exactly where he wants us to meet the right people. I have seen that basically everyday that I have been here, when we go somewhere to see a referral or a less active and they aren't home so we knock doors around there or talk to someone on the street and that is when we find the people that the Lord has sent us here for. He leads us right to them. We hardly ever reach our goals for the day, but that doesn't really matter as long as you are following the spirit and going and doing what the Lord wants you to. An experience from this week is that we found this 60 ish year old lady tracting named Lauralee, I actually just knocked on her door because I thought her house was cute (there are so many cute houses here) anyways and it turns out she has been to some of the church sites in Nauvoo a she said that she felt a good feeling there we gave her a book, and we agreed on a return appointment, well she cancelled on us, like they all do, but later on in the week we happened to be over on her street contacting someone else and we saw her outside of her house and she let us in and we taught her the restoration and committed her to baptism. So that was super awesome, now we just have to get her to quit smoking . . . we will see what happens. The time changed on Sunday and Sister Carlini is from Arizona and knew nothing about it so that was kinda funny, I was confused why she was so confused about it and then I remembered that they don't do that in Arizona. Also Sister Carlini did something to her shin or ankle or something and it hurt for her to run, but she claims that she MUST RUN, so she ran on it even though it hurt and so then it hurt worse, and yesterday she could barely walk, but she said that it feels a bit better today so that is good. Halloween here is weird, Everyone decorates their houses, but nobody is very good at dressing up. Also the town of Sheboygan set a time frame for trick or treating, which I thought was interesting, so the kiddos could only go between 4 pm and 7pm, it was still light outside. So that just made me happy that I didn't grow up here, because of course you have to go trick or treating in the dark. I hope everyone is doing well and I hope you all had a great Halloween! Happy November! The gospel is true!
Love Sister Koyle



At Above and Beyond they have a giant pinscreen, so of course we had to leave our mark.
This is basically a members front yard, two week ago those trees were full of leaves of all different colors.
Jesus Prepper Preparing for the Return of Jesus Christ. This was on someones front stairs, and I thought it was pretty interesting, I think it is a legit religion here though. There are so many religions here and so many churches, I had never heard a church bell until I came here and now there are at least three of them every hour.
 This is the tiny light house that we can run to if the waves aren't crashing over us. It is so pretty! 
The light house is red, the sky is pretty, and I was running.
No worries it is just Sprechers Root Beer, apparently it is a big deal here.

 This is my apartment building it faces the harbor so we have a pretty good view of the lake. It always smells like smoke inside, but I have gotten used to it, especially since everyone here smokes.
Sometimes on nice days we study in the park.

No comments:

Post a Comment