Hello Everyone, I hope ya'll had a very Merry Christmas, because I did. I really think that Christmas this year has been the best Christmas I have ever had. There is something about brightening someone's day that really just brightens your own (I hope that makes sense). This week was not the most productive week with Christmas and my companion being sick, but I was able to get a little more organized, so that was nice.
Tristan is doing so good, she came to church again and I think she is really enjoying it and getting used to it. And adjusting to leaving her boys in primary and not worrying so much about them. She has such a strong testimony of prayer and scripture study it is the coolest thing, because I feel like if you have those things down, then everything else about the gospel and the church naturally falls into place.
We spent a good chunk of our Christmas day at Bennett's (the nice pastor who is reading the Book of Mormon) parent's house. So I got to know his parents and his siblings really well, so that was quite nice, their family kinda reminds me or my family, except mine is way bigger and way more loud, no offence to anyone, I love my family, A LOT. Also Holly came to all three hours of church on Sunday so that was pretty cool to see her there.
We didn't do much tracting this week, but one of the houses that we did tract, we met this sweet girl named Kelsey, at first she was super skeptical, she said that the only book of scripture was the bible and if it isn't in there then it isn't scripture, she said that she had learned about "the Mormons" in a class at Lutheran High and that we had some pretty weird ideas, but then we told her the truth about us, and we recited the first vision, which ALWAYS brings the spirit and we had her read the famous Moroni 10: 3-5 and she started to get a little bit emotional as she read it. After she read it she handed the Book of Mormon back and we kept talking to her about the church and Joseph Smith but I could tell that she wanted the Book of Mormon, she kept looking at it, so before we left I asked her if we left it with her if she would read it and she said yes and then she said where is your church at? so we told her and I would like to say that she came to church on Sunday, but she didn't, but it was still a really cool experience to see someone's perspective change like that so quickly.
Also just a funny story, the Pollock family has this incredibly stupid tiny dog, normally I like dogs pretty well, but their dog is just plain dumb. So we were visiting this former investigator named Valerie about half a block away from the Pollock's and we were just standing at her door talking to her and all of the sudden out of no where this dog bolts between me and Sister Carlini, through the door that is barely cracked open and it jumps on Valerie's couch and pees on her couch and her clothes and her phone. It was the funniest thing, I could not with hold my self from laughing, me and my comp were just busting up. Brother Pollock comes up and is just so sorry and embarrassed and mad at this stupid dog and Valerie didn't really say anything, but I can imagine that she wasn't super happy about, but it gave us a great laugh and a good story. So ladies and gents that was my week, I hope you have a very happy new year and you make some awesome resolutions!
Love,
Sister Koyle
Made this awesome ginger bread house all by myself, I had to, it's just a tradition you know.
Christmas morning, opening presents. Thank you to everyone and anyone who sent me anything for Christmas, including Christmas cards, I really felt loved and remembered.
No comments:
Post a Comment