Monday, February 8, 2016

Really? During the Superbowl???

It isn't everyday that you get to tract during the Superbowl. For our door approach here in Wisconsin we do a short ten question survey. I love the survey so much! it is super helpful and you get into a lot more doors. And from the questions on it we can go into the Book of Mormon or forever families or the restoration or the plan of salvation or pretty much anything. So last night we had a little extra time so we decided to knock some doors. And I asked this guy if he could help us out with a short ten question survey and he says "REALLY . . . during the Superbowl you wanna do a survey?" and I said oh ya I forgot, when does it get over? Then he just closed the door. And then for some reason, I could not stop laughing, it was such a funny experience, I think you just had to be there and see the expression on his face. 
Earlier in the week we decided to go tracting because we hadn't been for a long time. Usually in Sheboygan tracting is pretty successful, that is how we find almost all of our people and people here are usually pretty open to our message. So we knocked three blocks of doors and got nothing from it except for frozen toes and fingers. But then around the corner of the third block there was a girl, named Rene shoveling her snow and we asked if we could help her and she said no and then we asked her to do the survey and she said yes and then we were able to talk about the Book of Mormon and give her a copy and get her number and a return appointment, so that was a really cool miracle. 
Also this week we met this really nice lady named Demetri and we stepped into her house and it smelt hard core like weed, but we don't care because almost every house in Sheboygan smells like weed, it is actually kind of expected. But we step in and she randomly says "sorry" and I said "for what?" and she said "the smell . . . . . (long pause) . . . .  we just tried a new incense" hahaha I tried so hard not to bust up laughing. 
It got up to fifty degrees here the other day, that was pretty weird, and really hot. All of the snow is slowly melting so that is kinda sad. But other than that, things in Sheboygan are going pretty well, I'm just living the dream! I hope everyone is doing well and I hope ya'll are healthy! and I hope everyone has a very Happy Valentines Day on Sunday!! Mosiah 18:21 he commands us that there should be no contention one with another, but that our hearts should be knit together in unity and in love one towards another. So if you are holding a grudge against anyone, now would be a great time to tell them sorry and let it go. 1 John 4 is a wonderful chapter on love, especially verses 7-9 "let us love one another, for love is of God" Happy Valentines Day!!! 
Love Sister Koyle

​I had to find the perfect spot between where the water washes it away and where the sand is frozen, that my friends is skill.

Haha it says BEWARE OF DRUNKS. . . . and of course a Packers sticker. We asked the guy at this house "If you knew there was another Book of Scripture that testified of Christ would you read it?" his response was "The Mormons got a lot of that!! Secret bible verses and what not!" We were laughing so hard.

We decided it was warm enough to go running again. This is the Marina, where the boats sit in the summer, and where people go ice fishing in the winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment