Monday, February 15, 2016

We Finna Pray

So this week was sweet! We had Zone training on Tuesday so we drove to Oshkosh for that and they totally pumped me up and they gave us such good training's just about things that we already know but needed a reminder about like making our studies more focused and lots of other good things like that. Friday we were able to drive to Menasha for blitz's. Recently they changed the way they do exchanges. So now instead of one of us going to our leaders area and a leader coming to our area, we both go to our leaders area for 24 hours. I really enjoyed it and I learned a lot. We were contacting at Lawrence University and we got out of the car and the first girl that we talked to we just asked here where to go because we had no idea so we started talking with her and apparently her grandma is Mormon and so is her best friend, so we got her number and gave her a Book of Mormon and it was awesome. It is cool to see how the Lord leads us. 
So the lady last week that told us that she tried a new incense, we actually taught her and her daughter and her friend the restoration and they said that if they came to know that what we taught was true that they would get baptized so that was pretty cool, the lesson actually went super well, and the spirit was really strong, I was really surprised. After the lesson was over she told her little granddaughter "Come on, we finna pray". Finna is a very common word here, especially among black people. It kinda means fixing to or going to. We always say it just for fun, like We Finna baptize Sheboygan. 
So yesterday was thee best day ever! This guy named Adam came to church and also Vickie came to church. She said that she would be baptized but she wanted to come to church first to check it out and see what it is like before she commits to a date, so now that she came to church we can commit her to a date this week. Adam was a referral from a less active member, he is really interested in the gospel, and he is the total complete golden investigator which is awesome except he just happens to be homosexual so that kinda puts a damper on things, but he said that this is the first church that he has been to in 31 years that he doesn't feel like he is being judged. And he is totally reading the Book of Mormon and he said that the restoration just makes sense. So I don't know we will see where this goes. 
Also the saddest thing ever happened on Friday we had to drop Holly and Bennett because they weren't progressing. He is still reading the Book of Mormon, but he is just curious about it, I don't think that he really wants to know yet if it is true. He is really caught up on the godhead and eternal progression, those are two things he can't get past. They are seriously my favorite people ever and I know they will be baptized some day I just don't know when. I literally started crying a little bit when we left their house, it was so hard to tell them that we can't teach them anymore, but the spirit and President Cutler both told us to drop them so we did. 
So ya that was my week, it was super awesome and I am looking forward to another one. Something clicked this week, like I finally realized that the reason I am on a mission is to prepare me for my future, not just to teach people, I mean obviously I am trying to do that too, but really this is my schooling for the rest of my life, so that was a really cool realization. I hope ya'll have a great week!
Love,
Sister Koyle

Blitz's with the Sister Training Leaders. Sister Dunlap, Sister Butler, Me, Sister Schlosser.

We were contacting and we found The Mystery Machine!!! 

I may or may not have figured out a way to get a Spanish and a Hmong name tag. I was so excited when I got them in the mail. You aren't supposed to be able to get a name tag in any language except for the one that you speak, but I think the lady who works in the office is new. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment