Monday, February 29, 2016

When your day is so busy, you have to have lunch right after breakfast #MissionaryLife

We knocked on a door on Wednesday and the lady answered and said that she is a Born Again, (they are our favorite) and she used to be a Jehovah's Witness (also our favorite) we asked her why she changed and she said "The Lord delivered me from it" so we thought she was pretty funny until she said "It is so funny that you knocked on my door, come on in. I was just learning about the Mormon's. I was watching this DVD about cults." I was like are you kidding me? I was thinking, the Lord probably sent us here to deliver you again from being a born again and to tell you the truth about his gospel. We didn't get very far with her, but I bore my testimony of Joseph Smith and I told her that if she wants to learn about the LDS church to get her information from a reliable source and I gave her a mormon.org card. Before we left we asked her if we could pray with her, but we think her Jehovah's Witness kicked in because she wouldn't pray with us. 
There is a young man here in the Sheboygan ward named Arrison Smith and he received his mission call to Logan Utah, I am so excited for him. So come April all of you Logan residents out there be watching for Elder Arrison Smith. He gave his farewell talk yesterday and he made me cry a little bit. He has been through a lot and it has taken sometime for him to be able to serve a mission but he is going to be a killer missionary. I am a little jealous of him because Logan is my favorite place on the planet. 
There is an older lady named Shirley that we tracted into a couple of weeks ago and when ever we ask her what to pray for she says "for the ministry" (which always reminds me of Harry Potter for some weird reason) But she is already a better missionary than I am, she has already given out five Book of Mormon's to her friends and family and she has been to church twice and she has a baptismal date for March 26. I know . . . It sounds too good to be true, so we will see what happens. 
Easter is right around the corner, and I am excited. I am so grateful for my savior and all he has done for me. I know it is only through him that I will be able to live with my family and my Heavenly Father for eternity. I really have grown to love Christ since I have been out here. If you want some tear jerkers read Isaiah 53, or Mosiah 14.  Mosiah 14:5 is one of my favorites "But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities; the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed." I know that no matter what is thrown our way that we can be healed through Christ. Have a blessed week!
Love,
Sister Koyle

P.S. 
Also a great quote from this week.
Me - "why does everyone in Wisconsin wear shorts in February?!"
Kaci Roll (girl in the ward) - "Because it's 30 degrees!!!" (as if that is warm)

SHEVEGAS is a thing here in Sheboygan, there is also OSHVEGAS in Oshkosh.


No comments:

Post a Comment