Monday, August 1, 2016

Where in the world did August come from?

I can't believe it is here, I feel like time is flying by. I never thought I would say that. When I was first being trained I would pray every day that the time would go by faster. I think Heavenly Father is just now answering my prayer. 
This week has been pretty great. We will have a Baptism on August 13th and I am SOO excited for it. This 19 year old kid that we are teaching has been so prepared by his member friends. It is amazing to see. We taught him about families and temple this week and his Mom passed away when he was 11 and he just can't wait to have his Mom baptized in the temple. During his prayer at the end of the lesson he started getting choked up. I always love it when the spirit brings grown men to tears. We also taught him law of chastity this week, that was interesting teaching someone my own age, but it actually went alright, the member couple that we were with bore hard core testimony :) thank you members! 
And the 16 year old girl that we are teaching set a baptismal date for September 16th. It is so cool when people set baptismal dates and they actually know what they are doing and are prepared for it. She was just so happy and smiley after she decided on a date. Now she just needs her Dad's permission. So if anyone wants to pray for that that would be awesome. 
I also found out this week that a 19 year old guy in Sheboygan that Sister Naughton and I tracted into when I was there got baptized recently. So that was pretty exciting, he is Hmong and so we referred him to the Hmong elders there and they could never get in contact with him, but after I left they were able to contact him and teach him, and now they are teaching his Mom.
This week it was raining pretty hard and I was driving and there were frogs jumping all over the road, I don't think I hit too many of them though, but it was super weird, I have never seen anything like that before. Wisconsin is really beautiful and green, and there are red barns all over, it is kind of nice. The gospel is true, the book is also true, so read it, and it will help you. Have a great week.
Love,
Sister Koyle

 I guess we played dress up . . . Grandma has been housing missionaries for ten years, for 7 of those years she had Elders, so in the depths of her house we found these old suit coats, and a fedora.

 So I tried on Grandma's wedding dress from 65 years ago, it actually fit pretty well. She told me she would let me borrow it for my wedding, hahaha she is a funny lady.

This road is called lovers lane, #TotesAdorbs

No comments:

Post a Comment