Monday, December 12, 2016

I'm going to be a Mom again!!!

So, transfers have come, a week early due to Christmas (The Church doesn't fly missionaries the week before Christmas.) So Sister Jenson is going to Verona, which is near Madison I guess, so that is cool, she is really excited. And I get to train a Greeny again!!! I'm so excited. It dawned on me about two days ago that it was actually a possibility that I might train again. And turns out my wish came true. I have no idea what her name is yet or what she looks like, but I'm sure she is great. And I can't wait to meet her on Wednesday. 
This week has been great. We met this awesome guy tracting that actually wants to meet with us, like for reals, he was totally genuine, and willingly gave us his phone number and set a return appointment, he said that his parents used to meet with Missionaries. So that is cool because he is literally the first person I have met in this area that has wanted us to come back. 
Umm it snowed a good 6-8 inches these past two days so that was legit. I love the snow. We were late to our meeting at the church and we go outside to get in the car and there was like 6 inches of snow on every little part of our car, so we were just more late for our meeting, since we had to clean it all off. And then we get to church and our meeting was cancelled, so it was totally fine. 
President and Sister Williams (my mission President and his wife) talked in our sacrament meeting yesterday so that was really awesome to see them there and to be able to hear from them. They both talked about their conversion stories, which was awesome. Before President got baptized he wrote a letter to Harold B. Lee, the President of the church at that time, and asked him to baptize him. Later his secretary called and informed President Williams that due to the fact that Harold B. Lee would be in Europe at an area conference that he wouldn't be able to baptize him. I thought that was a pretty funny story. 
I hope everyone is doing well. I hope that everyone is enjoying this Christmas season, and taking time to remember their Savior, and do serve others as he would.
Here is a quote from my favorite talk of all time. It was the last talk that Elder Scott gave, and it was the talk that I really tried to live by when I was in college, it is called "Make the Exercise of Faith Your First Priority"
"Don’t yield to Satan’s lie that you don’t have time to study the scriptures. Choose to take time to study them. Feasting on the word of God each day is more important than sleep, school, work, television shows, video games, or social media. You may need to reorganize your priorities to provide time for the study of the word of God. If so, do it!"
And here is the link! Ya'll should read it!
https://www.lds.org/ensign/2014/11/sunday-afternoon-session/make-the-exercise-of-faith-your-first-priority?lang=eng 
Have a happy and safe week! 
Love,
Sister Koyle
Our ginger bread houses 

Tracting . . . I love the Restoration, I wish all of Waukesha loved it too. 

Waukesha Ward Christmas party!! 

My inspirational tea . . . "Your choices will change the world"

No comments:

Post a Comment