Monday, December 5, 2016

It finally snowed!

We were contacting former investigators this week and it was dark out, so we go to this one lady's house and she lets us in, she is super sweet and super Christian, and then she looks down and sees dog poop on the floor, and she tells us to sit down and she goes and gets a rag and literally cleans our shoes off for us. Super embarrassing and kinda weird to walk into a complete stranger's home and have them clean off your shoes for you. So that was fun. 
Another time this week we were street contacting near campus, not on campus because it is a catholic school, but anyways and we met this awesome guy from Algeria, he is like a world champion jujitsu fighter, and he is Muslim, and speaks very little English, so that was really fun to try to talk to him. He had a lot of questions about our religion though, and about Christianity. 
 Yesterday in church this lady said that in her patriarchal blessing it says that she walked with Jesus in the pre-earth life. That really got me thinking, I thought that was really cool and then of course I wondered if I walked with Jesus in the pre-earth life as well. And then I thought, well do I walk with Jesus in this life? We were able to go to two baptisms on Saturday and I gave the talk on baptism at one of them. And it is so cool that when we are baptized we basically make a promise to our Heavenly Father that we will walk with Jesus. We promise that we will represent him and strive to become like him and do the things that he would do if he were here.
The Christmas devotional yesterday was super great I hope that everyone was able to watch it, if not it is on lds.org, so go watch it!
I hope that everyone has a stellar week! 
Love,
Sister Koyle
Our missionary stockings
  
District pics, last district meeting of the transfer, we have the assistants and the STL's in our district. It's a blast! 

Very front: Elder Lee
Middle: Elder Godfrey, Sister Jenson, Sister Koyle
Back: Elder DeSantis, Sister Lamprecht, Elder Van Orden, Sister Gross
  
​We walked out of church yesterday and it was a winter wonderland. I love it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment