Hello Everyone,
First I want to thank everyone who has been emailing me and sending me packages and writing me through dear elder it is really nice to receive mail, so thank you all so much. I am doing great regardless of the tragedy that we had this week. I just want to bear testimony that the gospel is true and that includes the covenants that we make in the temple and the fact that there is life after death and that we can be with our families forever.
This week has flown by, we had two devotionals and they were pretty amazing. Also I was able to watch a special video of a devotional by Elder Bednar called Characters of Christ and it was so so so amazing and seriously life changing. The basic message of it was to turn outward, and help others even in times of trial or even when you feel like hiding in a corner and dying (those were NOT his exact words, but my interpretation). The president of the Seventy talked to us on Tuesday and that was uplifting. The spirit here is amazing it is so much easier to focus and learn and remember things. I decided that you could relate the MTC to a mix between the temple and college life, because you study all day and go to class and you have roommates and you make a lot of new friends, but the spirit is so strong and you learn about gospel related topics. I had like thirty minutes of down time this week and it felt so weird, like I couldn't handle just sitting and doing nothing, because normally our schedule is crazy. It is weird to think that I used to just sit around all of the time. I was able to attend the temple today and it was so great, it was a beautiful morning and I got to eat breakfast there in the cafeteria. It was nice to be able to spend some quiet time in the temple. I have had the opportunity to teach a TRC investigator here at the MTC, they are basically people who volunteer to be taught by missionaries who have no clue what they are doing. Some are LDS and some are not. But I absolutely love my investigator, we taught her the first three lessons and then asked her to be baptized, and she said no, but I still love her a lot, she has taught us a lot and she is the sweetest lady and she was very receptive to our message even though she didn't accept it. I will be able to teach her one more time tonight and that will be it, which I am actually a little sad a bout because I actually like her a lot. She is from Mexico and she catholic, and she has a little bit of a hard time with english, but she understands most things. So in the words of Sister Roskelley " We did our part, the Spirit did his part and she still has her agency" I am doing wonderful and I am excited for Wisconsin! Bring on the cold weather!
Love Sister Koyle
These are the sisters in my zone, I room with most of them.
And Sister Roskelly and I again in front of the temple.
This is my district on our Sunday walk. I love them all so much, we are like a family.
This is my district again, after we were done at the temple. I promise we do a lot more than take pictures at the temple.
No comments:
Post a Comment