Monday, October 26, 2015

The Promised Land, Sheboygan

Hello Everyone,
I have decided that Wisconsin is just like Utah. There are churches on every corner and there is a big lake. Except in Wisconsin not a single church is LDS and the Lake is fresh water and it looks like the ocean, literally, even flying over the lake I couldn't see land. I am in the Promised land, a town called Sheboygan, it is on lake Michigan and it is the cutest little place, the people are great and the view is beautiful. The first thing my companion told me was that Sheboygan is nick named the promised land, I am still not sure if that is because of the people, or how beautiful it is, or if it's because it's the highest baptizing area. I actually live on the Lake and me and my comp get to run to the baby light house in the mornings. My companion's name is Sister Carlini and she is from Arizona, she is gorgeous and she is 22 and so sweet, and also geographically challenged, those words actually came out of her mouth, so I don't even feel bad telling you all that. But really I know the area better than she does and she has been here for 6 months, good thing I am the driver. But she is seriously the sweetest person you would ever meet. Also we have a car, so woohoo, we are so spoiled. I love pepoles accents here, not everyone has it, it is usually the older people who have the accent, but it is so great, it usually only shows up in certain words like "baby" or "basement" or "ya know" but I love it. We had a baptism this Sunday, what a way to start off your mission right? It was a 13 year old boy named Logan, his Dad was a less active member and he was able to baptize him, so that was cool. It is really fun to knock doors, you meet the most interesting people. You never know how people will react to you or your message. Everyone here is religious, or they say they are, we pray with people all of the time in the park, on the street, at their door step. This week has been great, and also kinda weird. I hope you all have a great week.
Love,
Sister Koyle

No comments:

Post a Comment