A year ago I was chillin on the beach in San Diego with my friends, but I guess chillin on the beach in Sheboygan is pretty good too (It's just a different kind of chill).
Saturday one of the Elders in my district made me a chocolate birthday cake, which was totally sweet of him. Yesterday we were able to have a really great family home evening with a part member family. It was just this man and his 12 year old daughter (who just happens to not be baptized) and they are the sweetest people. We had a really good spiritual lesson, and the Dad had a lot of good insight and he did very well at teaching his daughter. And then we played a fun game with them. Then we ate birthday cake that they made for me and it was soo good. I love them so much I hope that we can start teaching his daughter soon. We asked if we could and he said no, but he was open to having a family home evening, so baby steps :)
After FHE we ate dinner with the Oviatt family, which I know I'm not supposed to have favorites, but they are totally my favorite family in the ward. I think that is probably because they remind me so much of my family. The Dad is very knowledgeable about the gospel like my Dad and the Mom is so willing to serve and give of herself and her time just like my Mom is, and the girls kinda remind me of me and my sister. So anyways, they also made me a cake, which was awesome. And then this morning Sister Butler made me a cheese cake.
This week has been good, we have been working on obedience, which is awesome because when you obey you just feel better inside and out, which for me is a big enough blessing. Also this week we had a family home evening with Tristan so that she can hopefully start doing them on her own with her boys. We have been challenged to do two first vision lessons a day which is actually a lot harder than you think. A first vision lesson includes telling them about the first vision and reciting it, committing them to do something like read a pamphlet and then say a prayer with them. At first I was like ya we can do that, but then I actually got out there and tried to do it and well lets just say that we are going to try a lot harder this week, and do a lot better. But we have seen one miracle from it so far, this one lady said thank you so much, I really needed this today, so that was really nice to hear.
I want to thank everyone for the Birthday wishes, and for the cards and everything else, I feel very loved. I had a pretty great birthday yesterday. My mission president called me and wished me Happy Birthday and he said "did Sister Butler make you breakfast" and I said "no it was fast Sunday" and he said "well you passed that test." Hahaha he is a tricky old man.
There is an Easter video that is coming out on Sunday, I would invite all of you to watch it and share it with your friends, it is a really great video and it is similar to the Christmas video that was put out in December. You can find it at mormon.org/easter. I hope everyone has a wonderful week!
Love,
Sister Koyle
p.s. sorry this email is random and all over the place.
We took pictures by one of the billions of red (used to be red) barns that we passed this week.
Took a picture by the Cleveland sign since that was our first and last time going there, it is a tiny town north of Sheboygan that doesn't have much going on.
No comments:
Post a Comment