Monday, March 21, 2016

"Are you friends with Jesus?"

This week was awesome . . . I think, I don't know I can never remember what has happened. 
But yesterday we were at this lady's house and she has two 8 year old twins and the one comes up to us and says "Are you friends with Jesus, even though you can't see him?" and her twin sister says "Of course they are. They are angels! They just get to be on earth so that they can go to people's houses and pray with them". So that was super sweet. I thought of responding by saying, how do you know I can't see Jesus? just to freak her out, but I decided against it. 
So I can't remember everything that I tell ya'll, but Shirley was supposed to be baptized on the 26th, this Saturday. But She had a smoke on Sunday so now we get to push it back. I'm really not sad about it, I know she will totally still get baptized, she is really excited about the temple, her daughter passed away not to long ago and she is really excited to be baptized for her in the temple. But she just needs to quit smoking first, so it should be about three or four more weeks before she is baptized, which is good because then she can get to know the ward better and gain more friends and fellow shippers. But other than that she is TOTALLY ready, I have never met or dreamed of someone who is so prepared. 
So last week was Pi day you know 3.14 and so we went to a members house for P-day and ate like 5 different types of pie, it was super fun, and I totally forgot to get pictures but that's alright. 
Also last week we were in Walmart and this lady comes up to us and says hey sisters I used to be taught by some other sisters about a year ago, do you think that you could start coming by again? and then she gave us her number. So that was awesome, total miracle. And we looked her up in our area book and she seems pretty legit. Apparently her brother is LDS already. 
So a couple of weeks ago we found a less active member in our member book who had a quote next to her name that said "I am never coming back to church" So we decided we would take the challenge and try to visit her and get her to church. So we knock her door and her sweet son who is like 6ish answers the door and we say can we speak with your Mom? and he was very hesitant like are you sure you want to talk to her? So he goes and talks to his Mom and she starts yelling from behind the door, leave me alone, get out of here, and all of these crazy things, and the little boys says to his Mom, they are just two nice girls. So we left and that was the end of that. But at church yesterday that same lady came up to us and she was super sweet and she said hi you Sisters were trying to contact me a while ago, can we set up a time to meet this week? I'm pretty sure I was speech less for a little bit, like there is no way that you are the same lady. But apparently the Lord works in mysterious ways to soften peoples hearts. So we are pretty excited about that. 
And we send out a text about church every Saturday and there are a billion phone numbers in our phone, but we don't know who some of them are because they are from previous sisters, so I accidentally texted someone who we don't know, and he was like, how did you get my number? This is perfect that you texted me because I want the truth in my life and things like that, and he totally wants to meet with us. And once again, looked him up in the area book and he seems legit, so once again miracle!
So sorry for the long email, just a lot of miracles this week I guess. I hope everyone is excited for Easter and for general conference. Remember the real reason why we celebrate Easter, it is because our Lord and Savior lives, and because he lives we can also live again. What an amazing truth that is! I become more grateful for it everyday.
Have a wonderful week!
Love,
Sister Koyle 
We got us some Wisconsin shirts, because why not? 

Sister Howard took us all to the Yacht club, it was awesome, and super good. 

​This was our celebration of St.Patty's day #ShamrockShakes

No comments:

Post a Comment