Monday, April 18, 2016

Apparently there is something about redheads that gets me

So my new comp is legit, probably because she is a redhead, or it might be because she is from upstate NewYork, either way I love her. So her name is actually Sister Naughton, and we actually came out to the field together, but I came out with like 25 other missionaries (that is a lot), so I didn't actually know her. This week has been long and crazy, but super good. We have already been through quite a bit together, last Tuesday we were tracting in Sheboygan after we got back from Milwaukee and we met this man who was totally against religion and God. It was actually really funny because he said that he didn't believe in God, but then he went off ranting about God and I said so you do believe in God, and he said No! and I said well it sounds like it, sounds like you are just mad at Him. Then we bore hard core testimony to him, but he was just so hardened, but weirdly enough it really strengthened me and Sister Naughtons bond with each other. So ever since the first day we have really just clicked. 
Also this week we set a baptismal date with this awesome lady, who is engaged to a less active member. We are really excited about her. Her and her fiance also moved their wedding date way up, so they are getting married in two weeks, which means that she can get baptized sooner woohoo! I was so excited when they told us that I could hardly contain myself. 
Shirley is still awesome, she hasn't smoked for over a week now so that is really awesome! Also this week we were able to help a member move, it was actually really fun to be able to wear pants and to move boxes and run up and down stairs, super good exercise and I am still sore from doing it. It was really hot that day too and I was able to experience humidity :) It has been soo nice the past couple of days we have been able to wear short sleeves and we can beach contact now since people are outside. 
In other news Sister Naughton is awesome, she just has a fire about her. When we left President's house last Tuesday he told us that we are going to be a powerful team and boy was he right. She has so many good new ideas about how to push the work further along. And she is super obedient, like I thought I was obedient before, but I guess I was wrong. Also she basically already knows all of the active members after going to church once. She asked me about every single member that was at church. 
I am so happy to be here, and so be able to wear Christ's name on my chest, I hope that it will be written on my heart by this time next year. I know that His atonement is real and that because of Him hearts can be healed and softened. It is so cool to see that his work will go on with or without us, so we might as well help it along. I hope everyone is doing well. Have a fantastic week! 
Love,
Sister Koyle
 Of course we had to run to the light house :) Also (Robin) I love Sheboygan and I am super happy to stay here, because the people are great and so is the view and now that it is getting warm it is just starting to get good. But my mission president told me that he isn't going to keep me here forever.

 Me and my comp.

Boys will be boys, or in other words, Elders will be boys. No worries, the silly string came right off :)

No comments:

Post a Comment