Monday, April 25, 2016

You have so much truth. Why are you with the Mormons?

So we met a guy this week, who claims to be a know it all, apparently he has even read the Book of Mormon. He kept asking us all of these questions expecting that we wouldn't know the answers, I was like dude they don't just send us out here without teaching us first. Anyways so he was actually pretty nice for the most part, he was super old and he gave us a book that he wrote, about seeing God (which we gave to Goodwill since we can't read it anyways). At the end of our conversation he said you have a lot of truth, why are you with the Mormons? I was just thinking, where do you think I got it all from? It is sad when people are so close to the truth, when it is right in front of them, but they don't accept it. 
Anywho, our week was great! Long, but great! We asked a less active member if we could "practice" teaching her the lessons and she kindly agreed, then when we showed up to her house she had her non member friend there with her and so we were able to teach both of them and invite both of them to church and to read the Book of Mormon, it was super cool. There is definitely power in the Book of Mormon that you can't find anywhere else. I am so grateful for that book. 
So there is this former investigator who we are always trying to meet with, but he is always so busy. But we texted him about church, and he texted us back and said, "I can't come to church I'm on house arrest for thirty days". So we said back, "do you have a book of mormon to read?" and he said "ya I have the app" and we said, "when would be a good time for us to stop by to see if you have any questions" and he said, "well I guess anytime". Since he is on house arrest he can't really go anywhere, so that is super nice for us because we can just visit him whenever. So we visited him that evening and he is super cool, he said that he wants to change his life, plus he is a DJ so that is pretty legit. 
My week has been pretty good, nothing too exciting. I'm just trying to be the best missionary that I can be, it is pretty hard sometimes, but it can be fun too. I think the key is just laughing at everything. Me and my comp laugh a lot!! especially since she is hilarious. Make it a great week! 
Love,
Sister Koyle

The Beach 

Chicago dog in Sheboygan? 

They never texted us back... #MissionaryWork

No comments:

Post a Comment