We had a pretty great week this week, Shirley hasn't had a cigarette in about 4 days or so, so she is on her way to baptism. It was so cool we took a member with us who used to smoke, and Shirley was saying how she wants to stop and she has better things to move onto like getting baptized and going to the temple, and the member that was with us said "You know Shirley if you were really serious about this then you would give me your smokes right now" And Shirley said I won't give them to you, you don't need that temptation, but I'll give them to the sisters" So she gave them to us and they are hanging from our ceiling fan as our trophy :) we are pretty proud of her.
Obviously since I am a missionary I don't exactly keep up on politics, but I asked my ward mission leader how the election is going and he said he would rather vote for Hitler at this point, so apparently it isn't looking to good, but then again he is from German decent so it's not that surprising.
Sister Butler and I were discussing the pre-earth life, because it fascinates me and she said "I hope me and Jesus were tight in the pre-earth life" I was laughing pretty hard. But in all seriousness, obviously we don't know how close we were to Christ before this life, but we can always become closer to Him while we are in this life, we can continually learn of Him and try to become like Him and as we do that we will become closer to Him.
Have a great week!
Love,
Sister Koyle
The Sheboygan district at zone training last Tuesday, Elder Keisker takes page 33 very seriously
All of my companions and I at zone training
Shirley's Cigarettes
Hahaha district lunch eating Pho . . . So good
No comments:
Post a Comment