Sunday was such a great day. We watched conference at Marsha's house, she is like the grandma of the Sheboygan ward and she is always taking care of us. So of course she gave us lunch afterward and we also watched the afternoon session there as well. Then we had an awesome FHE with the VanAsten's we talked about commandments, I think they are starting to warm up to us, we had a lot of fun with them yesterday. Then we had a solid lesson with this big intimidating/nice black man. He has been in the military for 20 years and he has been on 4 tours (I think that's what they are called) and he knows his bible pretty well. He asked a lot of good questions. And he is genuinely searching for the truth, so I think he has a lot of potential. I am excited about him.
Our week has been pretty great, we had a little bit of snow, but it is melted and we had a lot of rain this week. Next week we will be driving to Milwaukee to drop off Sister Butler to fly back to Nauvoo, so we get to sleep in the mission home for a night or two, and I will find out who my new companion will be. I am kinda excited, but of course I am also sad. Sister Butler has been a great companion and we have become great friends. I think the key to a good companionship/relationship is communication, we just tell each other nicely when something annoys us. So I will miss her a lot, but I know she did what she was supposed to do here in Sheboygan.
My whole mission is doing an atonement study of the Book of Mormon and we are all reading it in about three months. At first when I learned that we were going to do this I was actually pretty upset because I am right in the middle of Alma at the good part and now I have to start all over again. But then the Lord kinda humbled me, and I guess I am starting to like it. So if anyone wants to join I will attach the document with the reading on it. I know that reading the Book of Mormon has definitely strengthened my faith in Christ and his Atonement, and that if can do the same for you as well. Have a wonderful week!
Love,
Sister Koyle
Sister Butler found a light saber, notice there are three more behind her :)
We tract in the snow. #SnowSelfie . . . again :)
We went to the light house last week for P-day because some of the Elders had never been. Don't they look awesome? I'm proud of my picture taking skills :)
No comments:
Post a Comment