Transfers are this Wednesday and Sister Jenson is leaving and I am going to be TRAINING. I am SOO excited, my whole mission I have really wanted to train someone. Now since it is actually happening I am freaking out a tiny bit because of course I want to be the best trainer ever and raise the most spectacular mission daughter ever. But we will see what happens.
A lot of things happened this week, I guess to start off, last P-day we went to Antigo for P-day and we were able to actually spend some time with our district for once. We had lunch and we washed our cars in the church parking lot which of course led to a water fight. I scrubbed the elders trucks so hard, they were pretty dirty, but it was a super fun P-day. Then on Tuesday we went to Wausau for a zone training, and the guy who got baptized on Saturday was there for his baptismal interview and I think he was a little overwhelmed with all of the missionaries every where. One of the sisters told him that this would be him in a year, or that he will be on a mission in a year. Hopefully that didn't scare him too bad, he still got baptized 4 days later so I guess he was alright with it.
We also caught the bat!! AKA Sister Jenson screamed at the top of her lungs and bolted under her desk, and I caught the bat. It came into our house last week, but we didn't have anything to catch it with, so it ended up getting lost and we didn't know where it went, but then Thursday night it came swooping into our study room again, and after a series of events I eventually caught it and we let it go outside by the barn.
Also last week we were street contacting and we met this 15 year old boy who was playing basketball and it ended up that he was good friends with a bunch of the Mormons, so we set up an appointment with him for Sunday, AND he actually showed up!!! AND we committed him to be baptized on October 15th and he said yes! Miracle!!! I am so happy to be a missionary, it is really great being able to meet new people and to help them to come unto Christ, through baptism. I am so grateful for the gospel and the knowledge that I have and I am so blessed to have been raised in this church and to have been taught these principles from the time that I was born. There have been a LOT of miracles since we got a new mission president, this is an exciting time to be doing the Lords work, and the great thing is that we can ALL be a part of it.
Love,
Sister Koyle
P.S.This past week was wonderful and this future week should be interesting, wish me luck!
P-day in Antigo. Elder Velasquez, Elder Melle, Elder Wilcock, Elder Shepard, Sister Jenson and me.
Wausau Zone training. Sister Katz, Sister Lamprecht, Sister Peterson, Sister Christensen, Sister Koyle, Sister Jenson, with elders photo bombing in the back ground :)
It is really hard to take pictures of a bat, it kept crawling around all over the place.
This is Killian, he is awesome, he got baptized on Saturday.
My trainer and I at stake conference in Green Bay.
This is one of the baby chickens that lives at our house, well actually in the barn behind our house. I meant to get a picture of them when they were tiny and actually cute and fluffy, but oh well.
No comments:
Post a Comment