Well this week was interesting to say the least. There were a series of different events that happened. For one I got to drive to Pewaukee and drop off Sister Jenson, and then I went down to Milwaukee and picked up my new trainee, Sister van Overbeek. She is from California and went to BYU for a year and now she is here, she is super awesome and she is a super great missionary. I seriously don't even feel like I am training because she is just so prepared, and so ready.
Also when we went down to Milwaukee we got a new car, they gave me the keys and there wasn't actually a key, you just push a button to start it. So that is kind of fun, I am still getting used to it, and it has a back up camera, so we were joking about not having to back each other anymore since that is one of our rules, but of course my comp still backs me. #obedience
We had some crazy things happen between some people whom we are teaching and some members and people's parents not giving them permission to be baptized or taught. So it was pretty rough due to that, but we had some great learning experiences from it, and we are starting to get things figured out. The 19 year old who got baptized last week passed the sacrament on Sunday and his friend came to one of his lessons this week, so that was awesome!! He is already being a missionary.
Nothing super exciting happened this week, all is going relatively well here, I think my comp was pretty surprised when she found out where she was going and where she is living, but she has adjusted very well to it and to grandma's cooking. We have also been challenged to read the Book of Mormon in her first 6 weeks, so about 13 pages a day and so far we are doing good, we read it out loud to each other every day. And we are praying to gain a testimony of it, just like Moroni's challenge. The Book of Mormon is amazing, it is definitely for our day and I am so grateful for it. Read it!
Love,
Sister Koyle
This is my trainee, Sister van Overbeek, from El Dorado Hills California, She is AWESOME! And also President and Sister Williams, my mission president and his wife.
Also this week I got to see Elder Low, we served together for my first 6 months and we were training at the same time, and we haven't seen each other for 4 months. It was so good to see him again.
And CORN + the Book of Mormon = mission life in Wisconsin
No comments:
Post a Comment