Monday, January 23, 2017

Feast Upon His Love

So about a week ago, we had some freezing rain, which if you don't know what that is, then consider yourself lucky. It basically puts a thin clear layer of ice on everything, especially the roads and side walks. So we were visiting a lady who lives on a hill, and when we parked the car just slip backwards, until it hit the curb (thank goodness my drivers ed teacher taught me how to park on a hill). Then I got out of the car and just started slipping down the hill, and there is no possible way to get any traction, so I held onto the car door handles and had to pull myself up around the car, so that was pretty fun. On Saturday it was like 57 degrees here, it has been sooo warm here, I have no idea why. We haven't had any snow for quite sometime now, everything is just green, it feels like spring time. 
Anyways, I can't remember what I tell you all each week, but we received a solid referral from a member and we went to teach her this week and it went super well!!! I am so excited for her, she has been totally prepared for the gospel. We had a member come with us and the member was like hey next week you should come to my house for dinner and a lesson, and she was like okay. This is why members are the best!!! they make such a HUGE difference in missionary work, because they can offer things that we can't, like a friend, and life experiences, and their spirit filled home and a wonderful home cooked meal. 
We are doing well, not much else to say, we have a few investigators now, so that is a blessing. I am wondering if I will get transferred or not, I will find out in a week from today. I hope that everyone is doing well, and I hope you all stay safe with the weather being crazy. A scripture that really stood out to me this week was Jacob 3:1-2 " But behold, I, Jacob, would speak unto you that are pure in heart. Look unto God with firmness of mind, and pray unto him with exceeding faith, and he will console you in your afflictions, and he will plead your cause, and send down justice upon those who seek your destruction. O all ye that are pure in heart, lift up your heads and receive the pleasing word of God, and feast upon his love; for ye may, if your minds are firm, forever." The thought of feasting upon his love gave me something to ponder about this week, maybe you all can ponder on it as well. How do we feast upon His love?
I hope you all have a wonderful week! I hope that you all keep reading your scriptures daily, it is so important, and I hope that we can all pray with exceeding faith, just like the scriptures say. Make it a great week! 
Love,
Sister Koyle
Sooo . . . this is Sister Cutler!!! My old mission president's wife. I got to see her at church on Sunday because her son and daughter in law are in the Waukesha ward and they just had a baby, so she came to see the baby . . . . and me of course. It was so great to be able to see her, and to give her a hug, it felt like home, I can't even explain it.  

Sister Wilson's first time eating Pho, She said that it was pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment