Time is flying by, I can't believe another week is gone. Things here are starting to pick up so that is good. We haven't had anyone to teach for basically two months now, but now we have a few investigators which is great. All in all we are doing well, my companion and I are very different, but we actually get along pretty well. It has been really nice and warm the past couple of days which has been super nice. But we have had some freezing rain, which makes everything super slippery and scary to drive in, but we are doing good. One of the Elders recent converts passed away unexpectedly a couple of days ago, so that was really crazy, and kinda sad, and apparently our neighbor is on the run from the cops, so that is kind of exciting. Exchanges were really good. We knocked on this guys house and he was so cool, he was like so happy to listen to our message, and then he told us that he used to talk to the Elders in Appleton, but then he had to move back down to Milwaukee, and he lost his Book of Mormon, so we gave him another one and he was like "I'm fina read this" So that was really cool, he totally wants to meet with missionaries again. We also met a cool lady named Linda, we are excited about her. It is pretty easy to get discouraged as a missionary, but you just have to stay positive. There are so many negative things that happen, but you must focus on the good, and forget the bad. I have been reading the new testament, I have a goal to finish it before April 27th, and I was reading Luke 5 about when Christ tells them to let their nets down and Peter says "Master, we have toiled all the night, and taken nothing: nevertheless at thy word I will let down the net. And when they had this done, they inclosed a great multitude of fishes" and they had to call their friends over to help them catch all of the fish. I loved this because I feel like this is my life, we have toiled and caught nothing! But I know that as we are obedient to our Heavenly Father and the Spirit that we will be blessed for our efforts. I hope you all have a wonderful week!
Love,P.S. We were tracting during the (Green Bay football playoff) game last night and someone told us that it was like 21-3 packers. So I figured they might win. Also tracting during the game = no success. We had some drunks yell at us though.
Well we went on exchanges this week, I went with Sister Hess to Milwaukee and Sister Wilson and Sister Naughton were in Waukesha.
There is a talk called "A Summer with Great Aunt Rose" and it talks about how forever consists of nows, I really liked that, what we do now matters in eternity.
Here are some cool looking churches or buildings or something that we saw in Milwaukee. :)
Pewaukee Lake
The ice fisherman
Yes that is a truck behind me driving on the lake.
No comments:
Post a Comment