Monday, January 30, 2017

Rock my world!!

This week has been kinda crazy, and busy and super fun. Transfers have come, I was only able to train Sister Wilson for 7 weeks, because now I am going up to Green Bay, to be an STL with Sister Hansen. I am SOOO excited. I have heard that Green Bay is awesome and I know that Sister Hansen is awesome. A Sister named Sister Wright will be finishing Sister Wilson's training, I have never met her, but I'm sure that she is great! On Wednesday we had an awesome missionary broadcast, and we found out about the new changes in the missionary schedule and in our key indicator reporting, which was a complete shock to me. But I think that it will be good, the schedule is a little bit more fluid now, so that you can more easily adjust it to the needs of your area. And I think that it leaves more decision making up to the missionary, so it will prepare missionaries better for when they return home. Thursday night we drove up to Fond Du Lac to stay with the sisters for 3-6 week training on Friday morning in Oshkosh. It was really great to go to 3-6 weeks for the third time, it was a lot different this time, and we definitely learned a lot or needed things. I can't believe that it is already a new week, the time is going by so fast. It is really weird to leave Waukesha because I have only been here for 3 months, so I haven't gotten to know the people as well as I did in my past two areas. It is really awesome though when you leave an area you can then see why the Lord put you there and who he put you there for. 
At church yesterday the Bishop talked about the ward goals, and about the 4 missions of the church, and he talked about how each family needs to be making goals for how they can strengthen their faith, do temple and family history work, and how they can invite others to learn about the gospel. I just thought that it was a really cool idea, we should each have a little family plan to accomplish the Lord's work, and it doesn't have to be a long thing, but just 3-5 simple goals, that will stretch you, but that are also attainable, and time bound. So I just invite each of you to set some goals for your family or for yourself to help the Lord in his work. And I know that when we all work together in this work that we can all find joy in it together. As my Mom always says, many hands make light work. I hope that everyone has a happy and safe week.
Love,
Sister Koyle
P.S. A funny quote from a guy in gospel principles when we were talking about the kingdoms or glory: "Why are they called mansions? does that mean that if you are wicked that you go to the ghetto?"
 Bowling with the district for p-day

Elder Lee!

I am the middle one, I was soo close to beating Elder Godfrey 

 ​Lunch after the broadcast: Sister Roskelley, Sister Hess, Sister Naughton, Elder Van Orden, Elder Desantes, Elder Godfrey, Elder Lee, Sister Wilson, and me

It was Elder DeSantes' birthday, so the Elders got him a cake, and we ate it :)

New Schedule!!
The World Wide Missionary Broadcast happened this week and they switched up the missionary daily schedule, soo weird! especially when the other one was ingrained in your head for 15 months, it is pretty hard to change, but all good things! Also we now only have 4 key indicators that we report each week, instead of 9, so that is super weird too.

No comments:

Post a Comment