Well this week was packed, Monday we had interviews, Tuesday we had p-day, Wednesday was my last Zone Training Meeting and it went super well, Thursday we blitzed with the Marquette sisters, Friday was my last Mission Leadership Council in Oshkosh, and Saturday we exchanged with the Spanish Sisters. I wish soo badly that I knew Spanish, but that's alright, I will learn someday soon. Literally when I went to the spanish area, I was useless, Sister Rasmussen taught all of the lessons all by herself and I just stood there or sat there until it was over and then I said Gracias, Audios! or Hasta Luego, that was a new one that I learned. :) It is funny though because even though I had no idea what anyone was saying and I almost fell asleep during one of the lessons, I still knew what was going on, I would catch words here and there and the tone of their voice tells a lot, and I could tell by what page of the pamphlet Sister Rasmussen was on and things like that.
President Williams said that he is going to squeeze everything out of me that he can over these next few weeks, so that is great, that basically just means that he wants me to work really hard, and give it everything that I have. In my interview with him last week the first thing he says is "Sister Koyle!! You have three weeks left!!" and I was like almost in tears, like Oh really? Well thanks for telling me President, I had no idea, why don't you just twist the knife a little harder?
Anyways, enough about that subject. In MLC someone said "God's work is not to fix situations, but to build people." And I was just thinking about that and how completely true that statement is. We know that His work and His glory is to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man. That means that we are here to learn and to grow and the only way that we can do that is through experiences, good and bad. We know that because of Jesus Christ that immortality is a gift given to all, everyone can overcome death and be resurrected because Christ broke the bands of death and that is what Easter is all about. We also know that we can have eternal life by living the gospel of Jesus Christ. President Williams often talks about how eternal life is not a matter of geography, but a matter of becoming, becoming like our Savior. There will be ministering angels in the Celestial Kingdom, but I don't want to be a ministering angel, I want to be able to reach my full potential, and receive all that the Father has in store for me. That means continuing to have faith in Jesus Christ, continuing to repent daily, or more, continuing to make covenants, and to keep and renew the ones that I have made through partaking of the sacrament weekly, and continuing to follow the spirit. I know that this is the way, that following Jesus Christ is the way, to true joy and happiness in this life and in the next. I hope that everyone has a fabulous Easter.
Love,
Sister Koyle
Blitz's with Sister Wallace, one of the Marquette sisters
Exchanges with Hermana Rasmussen, one of the Spanish sisters.
This is me in the Neville museum last week, living my dream mission in Africa :) It looks pretty legit doesn't it?
The Gospel of Jesus Christ is the way, and it is found in The Book of Mormon :)
We found this awesome street art, so we just had to take pictures with it.
And a miniature Lambeau field made from like 15 thousand legos
No comments:
Post a Comment