Monday, April 17, 2017

This is the week! (this is what Elder Bauer wrote in my planner this week)

First off my homecoming talk will be on April 30, 2017 at 11:00 am and the address is: 
530 Villa Drive
HEYBURN, Idaho
Everyone is welcome!!!! Please come :) and invite your friends

It is pretty weird when you can count the days you have left on two hands, I literally never thought I would get to this point, I hit a spot on my mission where I just realized that I am a missionary and that this is just my life and it will never end so I just accepted it, but that isn't quite the case anymore. I am so glad for the wonderful things that I have been able to learn over this past year and a half. I have learned a lot about myself and a LOT about the gospel and about missionary work and the importance of it. I have learned a lot about Wisconsin and the people here and I have really come to love it here, and to love the people, and their obsession with football, cheese, and alcoholic beverages. I really love how beautiful it is here it is so green and even in the winter the snow is pretty. I will definitely miss it, I will treasure the experiences that I have had here, and the people and the friendships that I have made. 
I am just so grateful because I feel like before my mission I had a testimony, but I can now say that I am converted. That is my favorite phase in the Book of Mormon "and all those who were Converted unto the Lord, never did fall away" I want to be that person who never falls away from the Gospel of Jesus Christ because I know that it is the way, I know that He is the way. I know that it is only because of Jesus Christ that we have any hope at all, it is because of Him that we can repent and what a wonderful gift that is. It is only because of Him that we can over come death and be reunited with our families for eternity. It is only because of Him that we can have eternal life and we all know that eternal life is family life. Elder Bednar says that if a testimony is what you know, than conversion is consistently being true to what you know. It is living what you know, which means having faith in and accessing the atonement of Jesus Christ everyday, and every week, and every month and every year for eternity. The only way that I have come to know this and gain a testimony and conversion to my Savior is through reading and studying and pondering and praying about the Book of Mormon, it is in fact another testimony of Jesus Christ and I can honestly say that it is the one thing that has brought me closer to my Savior. I loved President Monson's talk for conference and how he invited us all to read it and to gain a testimony of it. I can promise you along with Moroni that if you read it and sincerely pray about it that you will feel the spirit of God, and you can know for yourself the truthfulness of it, and the truthfulness of Jesus Christ. 
One thing that gives me comfort at the end of this wonderful journey I have been on is that I can still be a missionary, and not only can I be, but I am still supposed to be a missionary. Each one of us has this role and responsibility and calling to share the gospel with the world, to spread it to all the earth, we took upon us this responsibility when we were baptized, when we made covenants with Heavenly Father to take upon us the name of Jesus Christ and be his representatives and share this message with the world. Even when I take off this black tag I will still be a missionary. I want to thank everyone for everything for all of the help and support and emails and letters and cards and packages everyone has sent me, it is a lot easier for me to do the Lord's work when I knew that I had a whole bunch of people cheering me on. I hope that everyone had a fantastic Easter! I love you all! 
Sister Koyle
Exchanges with Sister Mansfield, we both go home together 

 This is all of the JW material that I picked up :(

​Weekly Planning: Sister Hess did this and then I looked at the boards later and noticed what she put. M is for missionary and my commitment is to teach repentance and baptize converts :)

So members fed us cheese cake 4 times this week! #Blessed This is a picture of the snickers one. 

We went to Lambeau again for Sister Hess' Birthday, this is the Pro shop, they have cheese cup holders to hold your beer. 

Elder Allton, Elder Sluga, Sister Haderlie, Sister Rasmussen, Me, Sister Hess, Elder Goldsberry, Elder Palacios at Lambeau. 

No comments:

Post a Comment