Tuesday, April 4, 2017

General Conference

So my mission president is extremely busy, so the only time he could do interviews with the Green Bay districts was yesterday, so therefore our P-day is today! Conference was great! my old mission president was called as an area 70 I believe. We were sitting in the chapel with a bunch of other missionaries, we all heard Raymond A. Cutler and we about flipped out! So that was pretty exciting. There were so many great talks though. I cannot choose a favorite, but I did really enjoy Neil L. Andersen's and how he talked about overcoming the world. And I really liked S. Mark Palmer's and how he talked about missionaries, it was really wonderful for Sister Hess and the zone leaders and I to hear his talk because we have been discussing what to talk to the missionaries about tomorrow for zone training meeting. I love how he said "What can we do to change the hearts of those missionaries who have not yet learned the joy of being obedient?" and then he talked about what Jesus did and how in Mark it says "Then Jesus beholding him loved him". So then the question changes to, What can I do to change so that the missionaries can feel Christlike love through me? How can I be more Christlike? I'll let myself answer that question :) 
This week has been pretty great, we have had some cool experiences, one morning for companion study we sang how great thou art, and then a few minutes later the old catholic lady from downstairs was knocking on our door. She said that we just sang her favorite song and that we sounded like angels, then she gave us chocolate and gave us an open invitation to come down and talk with her whenever we wanted, so that was a very sweet tender mercy. 
As of Friday, the new Easter video has officially been released! to watch this amazing video go to https://www.mormon.org  Then, share it with everyone you know :) Because believe it or not, not everyone knows what Easter is actually about! Seriously, just go knock on people's doors and ask them, and you will be surprised when people say they thought it was about chickens and bunnies. We are so blessed to have the knowledge that we have about our Savior, that we can be resurrected again because of him and that we can have eternal families, and return to live with Heavenly Father, and Jesus Christ for eternity. There is no greater blessing. I love this work, it is truly the Lord's work, and what a blessing it is to share the gospel with others. 
Love,
Sister Koyle
Exchanges with Sister Hendricksen 

 Fish Fry Friday

The new Easter cards! Jesus is watching . . . always watching :) 

​​One of my favorite general conference quotes

No comments:

Post a Comment