Monday, February 27, 2017

I feel like I finally had a normal week

So we had a lesson with a member referral and we taught her the restoration and it went SUPER well, the spirit was so strong and the lady was like crying her eyes out, so we invited her to baptism and she was like yes, I love the way that Mormon's do baptisms, and we were like SWEET! And then she goes " wait does that mean that I have to join your faith?" and we were like umm . . . . well yes, that is kind of one of the huge points of getting baptized, is becoming a member of Jesus Christ's true church. And she goes "oh . . . well I'm catholic." It was so sad, but not that sad because I know that the spirit can and will change her heart if she lets it. We got a return appointment, so as we keep teaching her I hope that she will recognize the truth. 
We were supposed to have 6 investigators at church this week and none of them showed up, so that was also sad. I'm pretty sure it was because they were all doing so well, so Satan had to step in and mess everything up for us, but we will keep working with them. 
We found out some exciting news this week, on March 11th President Russell M. Nelson will be coming to Madison Wisconsin, along with Elder Ulisses Soares of the presidency of the seventy. We are going to have a whole mission conference that morning with the both of them (I have never had a conference with the whole mission). I am SOO stoked about it!! It is always on the forefront of my mind and is basically the only thing that I can think about, I even had a dream about it this week. So that is pretty cool. 
We had some awesome/horrible freezing rain yet again, if you don't know what that is then consider yourself lucky, basically EVERYTHING just gets covered in a coat of ice. So the tree branches on all of the trees were just covered in ice, and the sun was setting behind them and they looked so beautiful like all of the trees were crystal, so that was pretty cool. It is amazing to see that God's hand is in everything, and that there is so much around us to thank him for, I think that is something that we can all do a little bit more often. And I know that as we do so, that we can be more optimistic and that we can see more of the good in life, and enjoy this journey that we are on. 
Have a blessed week! 
Love,
Sister Koyle
For P-day last week we all went to the wildlife sanctuary 
Me, Sister Hansen, Sister Rasmussen, and Sister Bond 

This little baby deer was licking my hand 

 ​The Elders in their natural habitat


This is a ferret that a less active member let me hold, ferrets are pretty ugly and smelly

No comments:

Post a Comment